Director of Engineering
Creative teams and brilliant legal minds drive incredible results.
GrowPath, headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, offers best-in-class legal intake and case management software. It was built by one of largest and most successful plaintiffs’ firms in the country, the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin. GrowPath is committed to innovating continuously to provide law firms a better, more efficient experience, as evidenced by its portfolio of 10 patented features with 12 more pending.
We are seeking leader of people and expert in technology to manage our engineering initiatives and further our track record of success with innovative technology.
What The Day Looks Like for Our Director of Engineering:
- Own the technical direction of all of GrowPath’s software products
- Architect and design the transition of our technology to microservices
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assess and implement opportunities for application and process improvement
- Adhere to high-quality development principles by delivering solutions that meet business priorities on-time and on-budget
- Lead a team of high performing developers
- Technical Experience
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Expert level knowledge with a at least 5+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Strong RDBMS (Postgres) skills
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Database development including relational database design, specifically strong SQL
- Source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments in cloud and on-premise environments
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS),Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree a plus
- Leadership Experience
- Proven leadership of development team is required
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Start-up or experience operating in a highly dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Excited? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Updated resume, including phone number and email address
- Cover letter, detailing your interest in the position as well as salary requirements
- Three professional references we can contact (phone number and e-mail address required for each)
We offer a competitive benefits package and a beautiful work environment located on the American Tobacco Campus in downtown Durham. Salary is determined based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and other application materials to email@example.com