How to Improve Worker & Employee Productivity At Your PI Firm
As a lawyer, your job is to help clients and win cases, but as a business manager, your job is to keep your firm operating as efficiently as possible. Providing excellent value to your clients is one of the best ways to remain competitive in the personal injury law marketplace. To do this, you need your firm to operate at peak efficiency to minimize wasted time and money. However, this is easier said than done.
Many obstacles can get in the way of your firm attaining optimal efficiency, and sometimes they can be particularly complicated or difficult to solve. But don’t give up! It’s sink or swim in the personal injury law marketplace, so it’s imperative that you give your firm a tune up and make it more efficient wherever possible.
In this article, I’ll discuss how your firm can benefit from increased employee and staff productivity. I’ll also talk about ways you can remove the obstacles to making your firm a high-efficiency business machine. Finally, I’ll call out some of the GrowPath features designed to take law firms like yours to the next level of efficiency and productivity.
How Can Your Firm Benefit From Improving Employee Productivity?
Before you embark on any serious effort to improve your employees’ efficiency, it’s important to understand your goals because each firm is unique. Some of the potential benefits your firm may enjoy as a result of increasing worker productivity include:
- Enhanced client service to make achieving maximum compensation for your clients even more likely.
- Speedier case resolution to shorten case lifespans and increase the number of cases your team can handle effectively within a given timeframe.
- Less wasted money and time – directly benefiting your bottom line.
- Increased bandwidth so that you and your team can take on more, different, and bigger cases.
- More repeat business and referrals as happy clients return and tell their contacts about your firm.
What Are Some Of The Obstacles to Optimum Worker Efficiency?
As I stated earlier, it’s one thing to want your employees to be more productive, but implementing changes can lead to obstacles you’ll need to overcome before you can enjoy the benefits of a more efficient workforce. These can include:
- Inefficient processes that lead to wasted resources and duplicated (or triplicated+) efforts.
- Lack of prioritization which confuses staff about how they should spend their time.
- Obsolete technology that hinders more than it helps.
- Cultural resistance from staff and employees who are set in their ways and don’t want to experience the discomfort of change, even if it’s for the better.
- Lack of training, coaching, and communication from management that empowers employees to perform optimally.
What Can A Personal Injury Firm Do to Improve Employee Productivity?
If some of the obstacles to increasing your firm’s productivity seem overwhelming, don’t despair! Some of the possible solutions to overcoming these challenges include:
- Set clear goals so your team knows what’s expected of them and how they’re being measured.
- Update and streamline processes to reduce and eliminate wasted time and resources.
- Implement efficiency-focused technology for PI firms such as legal client relationship management software (legal CRM).
- Provide ongoing training and communicate regularly with employees and staff to keep everybody updated, informed, and up-to-speed.
- Foster a team culture of positivity and mutual support
What Are Some Ways to Measure Employee Productivity?
Once you have a plan for improving employee productivity at your firm, you’ll need a way to measure success. Starting with the status quo as a benchmark, you can use some of these metrics to measure the success (or lack thereof) of your plan over time:
- Billable hours or revenue generated by each individual staff member.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are based on your firm’s strategic goals.
- Client reviews and testimonials from people who’ve worked with your team.
How Can GrowPath Legal CRM Help Your Firm Improve Employee Productivity?
GrowPath is an award-winning legal CRM designed to help personal injury firms make more money, more quickly. One of the ways it accomplishes this is with cutting-edge technologies and applications to streamline the business of law as much as possible, such as:
- Lead Scoring assigns a score to each potential lead based on your preferred criteria.
- Client Intake automates and integrates the intake process within your case management system.
- Matter Trackers that allows you to see the status of all your cases in real time.
- Gravity Reports to tell you exactly how productive each of your employees is on a day-to-day basis.
GrowPath was named by GetApp as a category leader in Law Practice Management software. GetApp is a software recommendation site aimed toward helping business leaders find the solutions they need.
Software Advice recognized GrowPath as a 2023 “FrontRunner” as one of the most client-recommended legal practice management software apps in the category.
“Our paralegals reported greater efficiency after using GrowPath.” – Kenneth B. eminent domain attorney
Check out this video for more info about how GrowPath can help your PI firm’s staff and employees SUPER efficient:
You can also read this case study of how GrowPath increased a large personal injury law firm’s productivity, saving it time and money in the process.
Curious to see how GrowPath can make your staff more efficient and your employees more productive? If you’re ready to see how GrowPath can help you and your firm, then sign up for a free demo.