How Top Firms Use Data to Gain a Competitive Edge
There’s no getting around it: if you aren’t leveraging key data at your law firm, you don’t have full control of what is going on in your organization.
The RIGHT data can help you answer important questions like:
- Are your cases progressing?
- Who’s excelling and who’s not?
- Where do you need to assign resources to address underperformance?
- What advertising campaigns are getting you the most high-quality leads?
- How much time are your attorneys and employees spending on certain tasks?
This data is vital to managing a law firm, and if you aren’t measuring it, you will find yourself frustrated when you try to set your firm on a path toward growth.
Fortunately, if you want to figure out how to better leverage your data, we can help.
Our founder Eric Sanchez is a leader in the personal injury industry and has a wealth of experience in law firm logistics, efficiency, and innovation. Earlier this year, he shared some of that knowledge on a PILMMA podcast episode, “If You Can’t Measure It, You Can’t Manage It,” which you can listen to now for free.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this episode:
- The importance of identifying each “phase” of case management, as well as tracking key case management metrics
- What you should measure in your law firm
- Why you should stop looking at yourself as a law firm, and start looking at yourself as a business that sells legal services
- KPIs that are appropriate for paralegals
- The top 5 KPIs for PI lawyers
- The optimal amount of time it takes to follow up on a medical record
- Dealing with attorneys and employees who are resistant to policies and procedures
- The PI firm’s biggest time savers and time-wasters
- How to best manage remote employees
- Where to start when implementing KPI measurements